Friday, February 1, 2008

ISB in Top 20

Don't think I'm free these days. In fact, I'm not. Its 2:30 am and I've to complete MC's presentation and also have to read 02 cases before I go to sleep. But then it does not happen everyday that an Indian MBA school gets a rank in the world's top 20(http://rankings.ft.com/global-mba-rankings).
I've always believed that ISB's biggest strength is its Institutional marketing team. Sure they also have great infrastructure, excellent visiting faculty base, quality students and deep pockets. But these factors alone can not explain (at least to me) their meteoric rise to fame in only 5-6 years of their inception.
I may sound cynical in criticising ISB's achievement, but in my opinion this time their marketing team has faltered. They are taking a huge risk by choosing to walk on this thin rope. Probably they should have waited for a few more years, before pushing hard for this result. Sure, it's a big achievement and would bring them instant fame and publicity. But what about the risk when they are not able to meet the expectations? Are they ready to meet majority of incoming students expectation of getting a salary hike of 129%. I don't think they are their yet.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger