Sunday, May 25, 2008

In KualaLumpur

Its been a while since I posted on my blog. Afterall so many things were happening at once that it had become difficult to find time for writting anything. First and foremost was ever present pressure of preparing for CFA level-II exam. Although the syllabus is not infinite, its taking more time to cover than level-I's syllabus.
Then the project work in China Bank had also started taking its share of time. Good thing is that with each passing day the work here is getting more interesting and challenging :)
I'm bringing my wife and daugter here in june, so was also busy selecting a condo. Good thing that I was able to find one :).
My portfolio which I started last month also took its own share of time. By the way, its doing good. However, I have yet to start trading in forex which will certainly help me diversify some of the systematic risk associated with Indian stock market.
Apart from all this, what took most of my time during past month was certainly the uncertainty asociated with my internship/Action Consultancy. I was supposed to go to Singapore, however my application for training pass/VISA started taking more time than it should have in normal circumstances. It was nothing less than devastating to know that after waiting for more than two weeks, my training pass request has ultimately been rejected for the industrial quota for that sector had already exhusted. It was really magnanimous on my company's part for they gave us an option of coming to their KL office where they also arranged for our accomodation. So this is how I landed up in KL instead of Singapore for my AC. My internship here would focus on commodity trading and finding a mathematical model for maximizing pofits.
Yesterday, with Russ, I went to KLCC where this boy was trying hard to capture both his parents as well as petronas tower in the frame. This pic certainly explains the height of this building which for a couple of years claimed the title of "World's tallest building".

1 comment:

PrashantBatra said...

For a minute I thought it was you taking that snap ;) good you clarified... A sharp intelligent yet twisted mind and a noble soul that describes "simply shekhar" to us

Powered By Blogger