Thursday, May 29, 2008

If you want something...

"If you want something, all the universe will conspire to help you achieve it".
Alchemist, Paulo coelho.
I fell in love with this line the moment I read it. This is so very inspiring. It always pushes me to dream, and work hard to convert that dream into reality.
A couple of years into my previous job and I'd realized that I'm going no where. There wasn't anything very challenging about what I was doing. I've not taken birth to do these mundane job all my life - This feeling was getting stronger with each passing day. Things had come to a point where neither the promise of reward nor punishment was able to get me interested in my job. Although, my boss never complained, but I used to feel that I'm drawing salary for contributing nothing. I was certainly looking for a change.
I decided that I'll do MBA. Wrote CAT to get into IIMs... the first choice for any MBA aspirant in India, but failed. I took it up as a challenge and decided to write CAT again. I came close, but cudn't clear it again. At some point of time, I'd also thought of doing MBA from abroad, but there wasn't enough money. So I wrote CAT again, this time too I came close but ultimately could not succeed.
I thought, its time. I should give up my dream of doing masters and start looking for opportunities in other companies.
But then, I wasn't aware that some conspiracy was already going on. One after another, bit by bit, everything started falling in place. All of a sudden, one day I filled up form of AIM and took a flight to Mumbai to write AIMAT. All of a sudden I got a call from XLRI. All of a sudden one day I took a decision that even if I don't get ADB scholarship, I'll take education loan and will join AIM MBA. It looked impossible, but I got edu loan too. One by one, everything fell in line and I realized that against all odds, I'm in Manila atending classes.
Its almost a year, and I can feel that some kinda conspiracy is again going on. I'm destined to get, what I so desperately want. Amen!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow great one Ravi.. "I've not taken birth to do these mundane job all my life" may be you are not aware.. there is a semblance to Subramania Bharathi's (a Tamil Poet) lines - "solladi siva sakthi, nila chumai ena vazhndhida puriguvaiyo" - "oh Shiv Shakthi, Iam born with intelligence, please give me strength to do useful things, I can not live like others - as a burden to the world"

Anonymous said...

Inspiring story Ravi!

I have heard a bit about you from a couple of your batchmates.. probably because I inquired about clearing CFA L-1 along with Term-1 of the MBA .. which you did.

I have been reading your and Regnard's blog for quite a while now and I think both of you have been doing a tremendous jobs.. It;s a wonderful view of the life and times at AIM!

Thanks!

Powered By Blogger