Friday, March 7, 2008

My first stage performance

When I chose learning guitar as my walkabout I'd never thought that I'll perform on stage. As deliverable, I'd said that I'll perform in front of class only.


In fact, we weren't ourselves sure, till this morning, that we are going to perform during the international week's cultural night. However, the organizers confirmed to us by 15:00 hrs today, that they have included a performance from us in their list. Myself and my HBO walkabout partner, Preetam Chandra, were both happy and scared at the same time. none of us had ever performed anything in front of an audience. We were nervous because we knew that we have not got enough time to practice together. In the hindsight, I think we did good by sleeping few hours before our performance as it certainly helped in calming us a bit.
In the end, it was good to know that almost everyone liked our performance & appreciated it more when they came to know that we had less than 6 weeks time to learn from the scratch.
In he video here, Myself and Preetam (Me on right) are playing Instrumental version of "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis presley.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I want to say" MINDBLOWING PERFORMANCE". U were awesome :)

shami said...

Bouy! At first it looked to me a look-alike of my dear old friend Ravi :) Loved it! Am still pinching myself ...

Kapil Dhar said...

For me the performance was just a repetition of what I had been listening to in the dorm room for last few days since when Ravi & Preeetam had mastered this song. But I must say, on stage their confidence got a big boost and it looked as if they were ready to go ahead for the presentation of the walkabout....... great job buddies. You are stars in the making - RAVI PREETAM duo ......:-)

Unknown said...

Great show Ravi!

Unknown said...

Unbelievable...

I wouldn't have believed it if i hadn't seen this...

Seems like u still have many hidden cards on your sleeves...

But this 1 time u sure did rock.

Powered By Blogger