Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Teri yaad saath hai

"Every day that I have been prime minister of India I have tried to remember that the first 10 years of my life were spent in a village with no drinking water supply, no electricity, no hospital, no roads and nothing that we today associate with modern living." ... Dr Manmohan Singh, Prime Minister of India (After winning the no-confidence vote against his government on 22.07.2008).
This reminds me of my first 10 years. I too spent those years in a similar village in one of the poorest state of India. Till standard 5th, I studied in a government school and afterwards moved to a moderate city and took admission in a big and famous government school. Afterwards I embarked on a journey which is continuing still....
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not trying to compare apple with orrange. Dr. Manmohan Singh has too high a place in my eyes that i'll ever want to compare him with anybody, let alone myself.
In fact, after reading Dr Singh's speech, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and want to hear the song from movie, Namastey London.... "Main Jahan Rahoon, main Kahin bhi Rahoon,..... Teri yaad saath hai.
"Teri yaad saath hai. "

1 comment:

Sudipto basak said...

Dear shekhar,
Your blog is good and readable. Iam your senior( MBA 2005) working in kolkata. I wish to get a kind help from you. I have come to know that one of your batchmate is Shweta srivastava. Now I had my school mate exactly by that name , I want to make sure that both these people are same people or not , so please let me send her e-mail ID or her back ground details to me in my e-mail ID of sb_27775@hotmail.com..
I shall be glad and obliged to you for your kind help.. waiting for your response..

Powered By Blogger