Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The First Ever

Yeh lo .. start hua nahi ki puraani yaadein :)
The first time that I got an opportunity to work with computer was when I joined IITG in the year 1998. After almost half semester with hell lot of "Jugaad" I somehow managed to browse the internet, in the computer lab of "Bhangagarh" building. Some of my seniors were already enjoying "heavy duty, super fast 9.6 Kbps" dedicated bandwidth shared between minimum 10 terminals. The net was Sooooooooo fast, I was browsing the net in "text" mode and using only keybord for visiting between links. It took me almost one and half hour to create an e-mail account.
The joy was immense, can't be contained in words. In one day I got so much. I not only got first hand experience of "Net surfing" in fact I'd an e-mail account of my own. yes yes an e-mail account .
Great Job done. Now, what?
Of course, I'll write a mail now. So I begun. Typed the address, and the subject field read, "Hurrah, Even I've got an e-mail account".
That half completed mail is still saved as draft :)
Today, after almost 8.5 years, I'm having the same feeeling. The first weblog of mine.
The joy of doing something for the first time .....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger